Greater Seminary

It was created together with the Zipaquirá Diocese in 1953 by then Bishop Tulio Botero Salazar.  On February 11th, 1954, it was established canonically as the Lesser Diocesan Seminary of the Assumption.  The building was inaugurated on August 15th, 1957, and on December 25th it was consecrated by Monsignor Rubén Buitrago Trujillo, the bishop at that time, as the San José Greater Seminary.