atras


Los Comuneros Plaza


Also named Plaza Mayor and Plaza Gonzalez Forero, it is called Los Comuneros Plaza because this is where the Comuneros Agreement took place in 1781.  Surrounded by colonial and republican style houses, the plaza was cobblestoned in 1823, and in 1938 it was remodeled.  The Ministry of Culture authorized in 2003 its transformation into an open plaza.